Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Omni Customer Support

I decided on a name. Naming products and companies is always difficult, especially when you want to get the matching domain name. For products, this can be avoided a little bit by doing http://companyname/product. But I wanted a independent URL.

I'll post more details after some sleep. I'm a little late on my release. I was hoping to post it earlier and get some feedback from BoS today, but it took a bit longer than I wanted. But in the end I was able to released the beta tonight (this morning actually.) You can find my skeleton website at http://www.omnicustomersupport.com, including a link to download the trial. It is windows only for now, but since I wrote it in java, I will make it available for Mac and Linux soon.

But for now it is feature complete for 1.0 unless I get some have to have requests. Although I did find one bug tonight, well, more of a counting feature that I have to fix. The bug is technical correct, but not to the user. So take a look and give it a try. I hope you like what you see.

I've got a rare meeting for my contracting tomorrow morning, so I will not be able to watch the site and see if I get any downloads, but I know that will be the first thing I check when I get back.

2 comments:

jonchase said...

Nice - I like it! I especially like how quickly the search results show up, which is something that just isn't as snappy on a web page, even with AJAX. Nice work on getting it out so quickly!

BTW, the "about us" link in the footer of the site returns a 404.

Jon
http://www.sendalong.com

Chris said...

Thanks Jon. Good catch on the about us links. It was a little late last night when I finally pushed it. I updated them.

Chris