Friday, November 16, 2007

uISV Class 07 update

I ran WebSiteGrader on each member of the class of 07 to see how we stacked up.

Here are the high level results:












SiteScorePage Rank
steplivelynow.com 694
www.thinklife.co.uk 403
joelmarcey.com 364
www.smallfarmcentral.com 764
www.sportavista.com 134
www.sendalong.com 90
catchthebest.com 895
www.heliumfoot.com 370
www.lokad.com 954
twistedwave.com 700
www.omnicustomersupport.com 290
www.webworkschedules.com 280


If you have not run WebSiteGrader on your site yourself, I would encourage it. It only takes a few minutes and there is no cost and no signup. Just enter your url and hit go. One thing that I noticed is that some people still don't have the redirect from yourdomain.com to www.yourdomain.com which is important from the SEO perspective because those are treated as two different sites to google. You are potentially splitting your links between them and thus reducing your incoming links.

The highest ranking for our class was a 95 by Lokad and the highest page rank was a 5 for Catch the Best.

UPDATE: For the life of me I can't figure out why the big space is above the table.
UPDATE 2: After seeing a 10 for Omni Customer Support, I looked at the detailed report and fixed a few EASY things (meta tags, descriptions, improved title) and bumped the score up to a 29. It took all of 10 minutes to do.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! SendAlong is at the bottom of the pack! Oh well, I love being the underdog and all;). Thanks for the hint on the meta tags and description - I'll put it on my todo list, although I'm not sure the next version with those updates will get pushed out very soon.

I like the idea of running the report against all of the uISV class of '07 - great for comparison purposes.

Thanks for including SendAlong:D. Oh, and to help with my statistics next time...http://www.sendalong.com :)

Chris said...

I was right along with you at a score of 10 until I added the meta tags and description. A big jump of 19 points. So I think the little things give big boosts. Also it is a percentage against everyone else, so your score can change without doing anything. I've seen that on webworkschedules.com droping from a high of 39 down to its current 28. without changes to the public portions of the site.

The one thing I'm still having trouble is Google inbound links. I know I have them from different sites, but they are not showing up in Google. Yahoo has some of them, but not all.

I'd really like to get a nice 4-5 Google page rank. Guess I need to start working on some link bait.

I'll probably run the report monthly to see the progress. If I get really ambitious I'll even graph it.

Joannes Vermorel said...

Nice idea to score the "uISV Class 07". I have been using WebsiteGrader in the past. This probably explains the score that Lokad is getting.

Joannes, from Lokad.com