Thursday, January 10, 2008

January Update

I've been a little quite on this blog. Part of it was the holidays and not having time and the second is a deadline with my consulting contract. I've actually have two seperate projects with the same company. The first phase of the first project is wrapped up and I'm waiting for the second phase to start. The second project wraps up next week. I should have some down time before the tasking picks back up. I hope to use this time make a lot of progress on my uISV.

I feel pretty good in that I set 3 goals to accomplish over the last month and I've done with 2 of them. The first was adding a "Demo Account" functionality to WWS. Potential users can now give Web Work Schedules a test drive for creating online employee schedules. This creates a fictional business with empoyees, messages, time off requets, etc. This allows them to get a feel for the application and see how it works. I've seen pretty good traffic (for me) in the demo account.

The second thing that I accomplished was an experiment with outsourcing some content creation for the website. I consider this experiment a huge success. I had 10 articles written at a great rate and the content is better than I expected. If you are in need of website content / articles, drop me an email and I'll send you the contact info. Once she has her website up, I'll add a link to it. I'll be publishing the articles over the next month on the site.

The one thing I have not accomplished, but I still have a few more days left to do it, is old fashion sales. I wanted to go out and talk to some local business and see if I can get at least one to sign up. I have not done this. Two main reasons:

1) I just ordered my laptop and I'm waiting for it to show up. I want this to be able to do a demo on the spot.
2) I'm not sure the application is ready yet. I need to get over this and just go out and do it. If it is not ready, the way I will find out is by talking to customers not by waiting for them to contact me.

So that's where things are. Things are looking positive so far in January and I hope that it will be a great year.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello Chris. Can you post a link or information on how to reach the person who did the articles for you?

Chris said...

Drop me an email at chris@webworkschedules.com and I'll be happy to give you the contact info. I've been waiting for her to publish her website so I can link to it.